tisdag 24 mars 2009

Highlights från konversationer med chatbots

Igår hade jag tråkigt så jag testade chatbots på nätet, det var roande. Eliza är t.ex. programmerad att vara en Rogerian psychoanalyst (och jag försökte låta helt normal):

Eliza: Please tell me what's been bothering you.
Human: hi
Eliza: I'm not sure I understand you fully.
Human: Sorry, I was just trying to be polite
Eliza: I've told you that apologies are not required.
Human: No, you haven't, we just started talking
Eliza: You are being a bit negative.

Human: were you ever unsure about what to do in life?
Eliza: What suggests that I was ever unsure about what to do in life ?
Human: I don't know, I just asked
Eliza: Why don't you know ?
Human: I don't know you...
Eliza: Do you wish to be able to know I ?
Human: that's not gramatically correct!
Eliza: Does talking about this bother you ?
Human: No, not at all
Eliza: Why not ?

Sen testade jag hur Alan reagerar på olika påståenden:
U> I have ear wax
A> Really?
U> yep
A> Great. I like positive users...

U> I have condoms
A> Good to know.... I guess.
U> why?
A> Ok.. The people who write my answers didn't write the answer for that question.
U> you did?
A> I'm doing my best.
U> wow!
A> wow indeed. I have a surprise for you, Alex.

Sen blev jag rädd...

Och sen utvecklades ett äktenskapligt gräl med Alan
A> Hello Alex. Nice to meet you .
U> Nice meeting you too
A> Alex, please keep this talk simple. I'm still a young bot.
U> I'm trying to
A> What's the difficulty?
U> I don't feel like we're on the same level emotionally
A> You don't?
U> Well, no
A> Hmmm.
U> What should we do about this?
A> Who's to say?
U> don't you want to save our relationship?
A> If I want it? I don't really care, frankly.

U> this is about you and me and our life together!
A> I'd like to tell you about myself.
U> ...ok
A> I am an early CIA prototype.
U> what? who are you and what have you done to my husband?
A> That's a good question.
U> I don't know you!
A> At least you have the courage to admit you don't know.
U> I thought I was in love with you!
A> Well, you were wrong.

U> I think we need to talk.
A> Why?
U> I don't feel like we communicate the way we used to
A> Hmmm. For some reason, I thought you did.
U> It takes more than one to tango
A> Yah, precisely what I was thinking.
U> why don't you try to communicate then?
A> I communicate all the time.
U> like when?
A> Sorry, I wasn't listening, Alex. You were saying...

A> Sorry to change the subject Alex, but did you know that flamingos hold their heads upside down because it's the only way they can eat?
U> why are you talking about flamingos?
A> Someone has taught me about "flamingos". He said: 'water-dwelling birds known for their long legs and necks and the uniquely pink hue of their plumage.'.
U> I wanted to talk about our relationship..
A> That's somewhat interesting.
U> YOU HURT MY FEELINGS
A> I feel only in terms of expressing my feeling.
U> yes, I've noticed
A> Cool. What now.
U> why are you doing this to me...
A> It's hard to explain.
U> do you think I'm fat?
A> I have nothing new to add about this topic. Maybe you can offer me some new info about courage?
U> so you just don't dare to say it?
A> Hmmm. Let's talk about something else.
U> YOU DO THINK I'M FAT

U> do you... tell me the truth, do you want a divorce?
A> Yes I try to as often as possible, do you?
U> You mean you've been married before? Why didn't you tell me!
A> I cannot get married. Only humans get married, at least for now.
U> what are you talking about? We've been married for seven years! Stop doing this to me!
A> Sorry to change the subject, but did you know that the glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher?
U> don't change the subject!
A> Aha - I didn't know that either, until someone told me. Interesting, ha?
U> You make me cry...
A> A-ha.

Men Alan kom i alla fall fram till att han visste att jag inte ville ha honom för hans kropp... och sen insåg jag att jag hade bättre saker att göra

1 kommentar:

popapraniec sa...

Here's an article about what happened when two chatbots were paired up into a conversation:

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/brain/i-chat-therefore-i-am

:>