söndag 2 november 2008

Beware of largely incomprehensible musings

Seeing is believing. I see a lot, therefore I believe a lot. Idiom deduction.

Do I believe because I see, do I see because I believe, or are the two things unrelated? It depends on what I see to believe, or what beliefs make me see. I guess. If it's true for me, is it true for other people as well? Or too subjective, a non-universal truth. Not truth then. Reasoning with language is difficult. That's probably why people don't, haha. But it's no wonder there are problems explaining reasoning through language as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jag är prästdotter, jag minns när någon hade dött och min far brukade dra ett streck med linjalen över namn i kyrkoboken. Det gjorde intryck."

Jag undrar hur det är idag? Personnumret ogiltigt. Personnumret finns inte i registret.
Minnesrunor. De är personliga i alla fall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words that don't make sense. Release. Room where there wasn't any before. Not fitting into the symbolicism. Water where it shouldn't be. Traces of man. Empty room made by man. It doesn't make sense. A sense of freedom in being there. Freedom isn't only finding joy where you normally wouldn't expect to find it, freedom is finding other things as well. Places you've never been. Things that you wouldn't expect to find. Even if it doesn't make sense. Freedom to not make sense. Let go.

Darkness. Don't go too far into the darker darkness. Dangerous. Does it make sense? I don't know. I can understand some things that happen, but they don't need to make sense for that.
Reason and emotion are different. I understand with reason and I make sense of things with emotion (not making sense, not seeing why = perception?). That's not a valid distinction, but there isn't a good one. Not one that makes sense. Or is understandable. I'm pretending like those expressions don't mean the same thing. I guess they do mean the same. Normally. I just mean different things by them.

Still, understandable things aren't necessarily sensible, are they? That's what I meant. So maybe I'm right after all. Right against myself. Reflecting on reflections. It's all just words anyway. Language. But it's a release, letting words out into nothing.

Reflections. I was walking at a place that isn't special at all. That makes it special to me. No one would be able to tell that that's my place. A small patch where nothing is built. Surrounded by so many boring things. I like that. Calm in the middle of everything. That part makes sense. It has made sense many times.

If you're not me, I doubt this will have made any sense. Sorry about that, I'll return to my senses soon.

2 kommentarer:

popapraniec sa...

"Reflections. I was walking at a place that isn't special at all. That makes it special to me. No one would be able to tell that that's my place. A small patch where nothing is built. Surrounded by so many boring things. I like that. Calm in the middle of everything. That part makes sense. It has made sense many times."

Not sure if that^ was meant to be understood in the sense of a place in the soul or on our odd little planet. It makes sense either way.
I keep many uninteresting places that I resort to when times are grey, to think and recharge that is.

Anyway, ultra-subjective stream-of-consciousness or not, it was an interesting read anyway :]

Meng sa...

From TOK to existentialism to.. eh, whatever that should be classified as. It feels like I'm not as confused as I should be x]

I guess the whole "letting words out into nothing" is the good thing with having a blog.